Europol is a well-established and recognised organisation that became an EU agency in 2010. It is constantly looking for creative, self-reliant and energetic employees, who are up to the challenges involved in international crime-fighting, to work in its state-of-the-art headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands.
The successful candidate will be coordinating staff to support the fight against the activities of criminal organisations involved in excise fraud, with a focus on operational support to MS investigations and providing a pan European strategical overview:
- Coordinate staff, assigning tasks and monitoring progress and quality of work and ensuring alignment with organisational objectives;
- Head or take a key role in project oriented activities, with specific emphasis on economic and financial crime and related intelligence and investigations;
- Provide subject matter expertise to operational activities aimed at fighting excise fraud;
- Identify, initiate and assist in producing analytical outputs (operational and strategic) and other relevant intelligence products in the field of excise fraud;
- Enhance Europol’s ability to exploit financial intelligence with the aim of supporting investigations of Member States and supervise the information flow between the Front Office of the Operations Directorate and the Economic and Property Crime Unit;
- Establish, maintain and foster close contacts with the Member States and Third Parties’ Liaison Officers to encourage and support operational activities in the field of responsibility;
- Support the Head of Unit in policy and other strategic matters carried out by Europol or EU Institutions and Agencies in the field of economic and financial crime;
- Represent Europol at meetings, trainings and other events and deliver presentations, increase awareness and provide expert knowledge and advice in the area of responsibility;
- Organize and facilitate working groups, meetings or conferences in the field of responsibility;
- Any other duties in the area of competence as assigned by line management.
- Experience in economic and financial crime investigations including in the area of excise fraud;
- Experience of managing projects in support of MS’ competent authorities investigative capabilities;
- Experience in coordinating teams of investigators and in managing operational and strategic activities in the area of economic and financial crime;
- Experience of operational cooperation gained in an international environment in the field of economic and financial crime;
- Experience in drafting policy papers and strategic reports in the field of economic and financial crime;
- Experience in dealing with sensitive and classified information and intelligence.
- Knowledge of the EU tax policy and of the EU legal framework on excise fraud;
- Knowledge of excise fraud criminal techniques and methods;
- Knowledge of economic and financial investigation techniques and methods;
- Knowledge of the EU policy cycle and multi-annual strategic planning.
The basic monthly salary is EUR 6.251,08 (step 1) or EUR 6.513,76 (step 2).
The step in grade is determined on the basis of professional experience gained after the education required for the position and in line with applicable implementing rules.
25 June 2020