The Agency has been entrusted mid-2020 with the implementation of the grant component of the Innovation Fund, one of the world’s largest funding programmes for demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies.
The Innovation Fund is the successor to the NER300 programme. The Innovation fund is a key funding instrument for delivering the European Green Deal, a package of measures aiming at becoming the first climate-neutral continent by 2050.
The Innovation Fund focuses on demonstration and “first of a kind” projects in energy intensive industries (including products substituting carbon intensive ones), Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU), construction and operation of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) and innovative renewable energy generation and energy storage.
The Senior Financial Engineering Manager shall implement activities related to financial engineering within the Agency together with the relevant DGs of the European Commission, primarily with regards to the Innovation Fund.
The Senior Financial Engineering Manager will work under the authority of the Head of Unit and the supervision of the Deputy Head of Unit A1 responsible for ‘Programme support, coordination and communication’. He/she will be part of the unit’s Financial Engineering team and collaborate with a wider team of colleagues of the Agency, the European Commission and implementing partners to which the Commission delegates part of EU programmes, notably the European Investment Bank (EIB).
> 50 K€
His/her range of tasks includes the following:
– During the preparation of the calls for proposals, liaise with the operational unit of CINEA, with DG CLIMA, and when relevant with consultants contracted for the preparation of the Innovation Fund, to:
a) set up/fine tune processes and supporting tools for the evaluation and monitoring of financial and economic aspects of project proposals and projects and;
b) establish/fine tune documentation related to call for proposals as well as guidance to external evaluators
– Identify and select financial and economic experts, ensuring their diversified and high quality input to the evaluation of projects applying for grants.
– Contribute to the evaluation of applications to the calls for proposals, ensuring high quality of experts’ contributions to the evaluation. In particular, assess key milestones for the project implementation.
– Implement the evaluation methodology and processes designed during call preparation, while respecting CINEA’s norms, codes of conduct, procedures and control standards.
– Contribute to project management, knowledge sharing and dissemination of results.
– Monitor the implementation of projects selected for grants, in particular with respect to the milestones related to reaching financial close. This will involve regular contacts with beneficiaries and financing partners of the projects.
– Support the dissemination of experience on best practices and lessons learned in relation to the financial structuring of projects.
– Coordinate with stakeholders involved in the implementation of the Innovation Fund, especially financial bodies tasked with project development assistance.
– Support the Commission’s activities for the development of pipelines of mature projects for the various sectors targeted by the Innovation Fund.
– Contribute to an efficient feedback to policy, ensuring that experience from implementation of projects and calls is fed back to the relevant DGs of the European Commission and used as input to improve subsequent programme management cycles.
– Promote actions aiming at increasing the stimulating effects of grants, including through the use of Financial Instruments established by the Commission under InvestEU.
– Represent the Agency in meetings, working groups and task forces with EU institutions, the EIB, Member States and other bodies.
– Support the development of new funding or financial instruments supporting the implementation of the European Green Deal.
Appointment and conditions of employment
The jobholder will be appointed on the basis of a shortlist proposed by the selection committee.
The jobholder will be recruited as temporary agent, in the grade AD9, pursuant to Article 2f of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities (CEOS) of the new Staff Regulations which is into force since the 1st January 2014. The salaries of temporary agents are subject to a community tax deducted at source. They are exempt from national tax. The European institutions have their own social security and pension scheme. The basic gross monthly salary, before any deductions or allowances, on 1 July 2021 for grade AD9, first step is 8.211,43€.
Leave a Reply