The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) aims to be the centre of knowledge on the sustainable management of chemicals, serving a wide range of EU policies and global initiatives, for the benefit of citizens and the environment. Together with our partners, we work for the safe use of chemicals.
ECHA is an equal opportunity organisation which welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over European Union and European Economic Area. We are committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of ECHA’s staff is essential to the Agency’s success. We do not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation. Candidates who are judged to be the most suitable, based on the assessment in the selection process, will be placed on the reserve list.
The Regulatory/Financial Assistant will work in the European Chemicals Agency, for example in the directorate of Submissions and Interaction, the hub that receives, processes and publishes all regulatory submissions to the Agency while providing communication and support to stakeholders. He/she will join a multidisciplinary team carrying out technical and administrative tasks related to regulatory processes, primarily under the regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). Concretely, the Regulatory Assistant will be responsible for performing completeness checks of REACH registrations to ensure that they contain the required information on substances placed on the EU market. The Financial Assistant will carry out verifications of company size for registrants who wish to benefit from fee reductions under the small and medium enterprise scheme.
The applicant must:
• Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
• Enjoy the full rights as a citizen;
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
• Produce the appropriate character references as to the suitability for the performance of the duties;
• Be physically fit to perform the duties;
• Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union4 and a satisfactory knowledge of another such language to the extent necessary to perform your duties;
• Be able to communicate well in English as this is the working language of ECHA;
• Be below the age at which staff of the EU is automatically retired, i.e. currently on the last day of the month in which he/she reaches the age of 66
a) Successful completion of post-secondary level education attested by a diploma
b) Successful completion of secondary education giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least three (3) years.
Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognized as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
To qualify for this profile, you must have at the closing date for applications a total professional experience of at least one (1) year acquired after achieving the minimum requirements stated out in of this vacancy notice.