Launched by the European Commission, the RegioStars Awards 2021 aims to identify good practice in regional development and to highlight original and innovative projects that could be an inspiration to other regions.
The Award Categories for 2021 are:
- SMART Europe: Increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- GREEN Europe: Green and resilient communities in urban and rural setting
- FAIR Europe: Fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- URBAN Europe: Promoting green, sustainable and circular food systems in functional urban areas
- TOPIC OF THE YEAR: Enhancing green mobility in the regions: European Year of Rail 2021
Who can apply:
Project managers (public or private) from all European regions, if their project has received support from the European Regional Development Fund, the Cohesion Fund, the European Social Fund or a project which has received EU funding under Interreg IPA-CBC or Interreg ENI-CBC programmes, after 1 January 2007.
Projects from both the 2007-2013 and the 2014-2020 periods are eligible.
The maximum number of applications per operational or cooperation programme is 5.
All finalists are invited to take part in
- the training session and communication opportunities during the European Week of Regions and Cities in October; and
- the Award Ceremony in December, in Dubrovnik.
The winners in the five categories, and the winner of the public choice, will receive their well-deserved prize and; winners of the five categories will also get a paid media partnership worth EUR 5 000.
For each winner, a short video is produced, which will be unveiled during the ceremony and published online, followed by a promotional campaign.
How to apply
Eligible participants should fill in the online application platform.
9 May 2021, midnight CET.