The 2021 PRIMA program call has been opened, with a budget of 68 million euros, to cover 7 topics to address the objectives of green, fair and resilient recovery of the Mediterranean area.
The closing dates for the submission of pre-proposal are all in April and the topics are:
Section 1: works as the H2020 framework program and funding is granted through the PRIMA Foundation.
- Topic 1.1.1-2021(RIA) Sustainable soil and water management for combating land degradation and desertification and promoting ecosystem restoration.
- 1.2.1-2021 (IA) Increasing the environmental and socio-economic performance of small scale farming systems through improvements in organisational aspects and new value chain governance models.
- 1.3.1-2021 (IA) Increase adherence to the Mediterranean diet as a sustainable pattern including environmental, social and health aspects.
- 1.4.1-2021 (IA) Leveraging knowledge on the Nexus management of Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems resources in the Mediterranean region: from concepts to practical solutions.
Section 2: is financed with funds from the different participating countries (transnational call).
- 2.1.1 (RIA) Alleviating Mediterranean water scarcity through adaptive water governance.
- 2.2.1 (RIA) Up-scaling field practices based on agroecological practices to increase ecosystem services and biodiversity, to adapt the small farming systems to climate change and to increase farmers incomes.
- 2.3.1 Increasing the resilience of small-scale farms to global challenges and COVID-like crisis by using adapted technologies, smart agri-food supply chain and crisis management tools.