The IT Service Assistant provides ICT support to the implementation of CEPOL’s activities, in particular for projects.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to CEPOL staff as required;
- Assist in the support and maintenance of servers and workstations;
- Maintain service desk records and provide reports to management as required;
- Support day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance of CEPOL’s network and its components;
- Set-up and maintain office automation environment (installation of workstations, printers, telephones, Videoconferences and other peripherals as necessary;
- Assist with the designing, writing and implementing of ICT policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Support logistical aspects of ICT related activities (e.g. receiving deliveries, moving of ICT assets, issuing equipment to staff, setting up training rooms concerning ICT requirements to the training etc.).
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with configuration and administration of network switches, firewalls and IP telephony;
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in configuration, administration and troubleshooting of virtualisation infrastructure;
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Microsoft infrastructure (client and server side);
- Proven experience in the management and support of ICT infrastructure in the public or private sector.
- Knowledge of and experience with working procedures of the EU institutions/agencies;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Advanced organisational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
- Possession of industry related certificates (Microsoft, Cisco, CheckPoint, ITIL, etc.).
10 January 2021