The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) is a multidisciplinary centre for climate research located in Hamburg, Germany. It has an internationally recognised reputation in climate modelling. The MPI-M is located in the heart of one of Europe’s most liveable and vibrant cities. It provides a highly international and interdisciplinary environment for conducting scientific research as well as access to state-of-the-art scientific facilities.
- Conduct process studies pertinent to our understanding of the quasi-biennial oscillation and its effects on the tropical deep convection by means of deep convection resolving realistic and idealized simulations based on the ICON model.
- Disseminate the results through high quality peer-reviewed publications and presentations at conferences.
- A PhD in Meteorology, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, or a related field.
- Experience in performing and analyzing experiments with comprehensive atmospheric or Earth system models.
- Excellent communication skills and publication record.
- Familiarity with running and coding computer models preferably on HPC platforms, programming and scripting skills in UNIX environments.
Germany › Hamburg
28 February 2021