The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow’s world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Engineering Management in the Faculty of Business and Economics is looking for a full-time (100%) postdoctoral researcher in the field of techno-economic and techno-sustainability assessments for the manufacturing industry.
- You will assist in ongoing research projects in projects in techno-economic, circularity and environmental impact assessment and the operation of the EnvEcon research group and the Flanders Make End-to-End Core lab.
- You will help coordinate project proposals in the fields of environmental economics and quantitative sustainability and circularity assessments with specific focus on the manufacturing industry and you contribute to attracting external funding.
- You will assist in the supervision of PhD students and other team members.
- You will participate in the provision of academic services: you will represent the research group both internally and externally, help to coordinate service projects, and so on.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You hold a PhD in applied economics, (applied) engineering sciences or environmental sciences (or you will have obtained it by the time you start work).
- You have experience/affinity with the manufacturing industry (mechanical engineering or materials science).
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You can speak and write fluently in English.
- You show interest in sustainable development and the transition to a more sustainable society.
- You show interest in cleantech and environmental technology.
- Experience with funding acquisition and project coordination is considered as a plus.
What we offer
- We offer a full-time contract as a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 1 year. We look together for options to extend the contract (after positive evaluation).
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for a principal research fellow in the Contract Research Staff category (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance, a group insurance, an income protection insurance, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- The planned start date is 1 September 2023 or as soon as possible after that date.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.