How will you contribute? Water splitting into molecular hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) provides a promising alternative to the worldwide energy and environmental challenges. The postdoctoral researcher will work in the framework of a large research project (ERC Consolidator grant) focusing on the chemical engineering of metalloporphyrin-based polymers for heterogeneous catalysis applications.
The project, that involves an international and interdisciplinary team, includes the design and synthesis of novel catalyst materials, their characterization and evaluation for the production of hydrogen from water splitting. The ERC-funded postdoctoral researcher will conduct research in the engineering of donor–acceptor conjugated microporous polymer that act as heterogeneous catalysts for the hydrogen (HER) and oxygen evolution reactions (OER).
- Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
- Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
- Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
- 32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
- Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
- We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
Luxembourg › Esch-Sur-Alzette
15 May 2021