The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases.
The Institute is seeking a highly motivated and creative researcher with a Ph.D. degree interested in analysis of high-throughput single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics datasets. The candidate should have a strong background in bioinformatics/computational biology and be experienced in analyzing highly dimensional biological datasets. No single-cell genomics background is required just an inclination to acquire such knowledge is a must.
- Full-time employment contract
- Competitive salary: 11,000 PLN (~2,500 EUR) gross/month (7,800 net/month)
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment
- International cooperation with experienced researchers
- International training at world-leading research institutes
- Autonomous position in the professional and dynamically developing innovative team
- Ph.D. degree (obtained not earlier than 1 January 2016) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related quantitative discipline.
- Strong background in math and computer science
- Experience in analyzing high-dimensional biological datasets
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools for analysis of genomics datasets
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Fluency in Unix
- Strong publication record;
- Proven experience in leveraging best practices from research community;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and manage projects and people.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Poland › Warsaw
20 January 2021