The Center for the Study of Violence at the University of São Paulo announces the call for post-doctoral fellowships in the Institutional Research Program “Building Democracy Daily: Human Rights, Violence, and Institutional Trust,” supported by the São Paulo Research Foundation (CEPID-FAPESP). The vacancies will be open to Brazilian and foreign researchers and the fellowships will last for at least one year, with the possibility of renewal, and are planned to begin in August, 2021.
1. Doctoral degree or equivalent (PhD), obtained in the last seven years, with experience in quantitative or qualitative methodologies, depending on the specificities of each research topic;
2. Advanced level in English;
3. Academic publications in the last five years, especially in peer-reviewed journals;
4. Full-time dedication to the research (except under conditions determined in FAPESP resolution PR N. 13/2009, of July 15, 2009);
5. Availability to work in person at the NEV-USP headquarters in São Paulo (currently all the Center’s on-site activities are suspended and will be restarted depending on the restrictive measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemics);
6. Not receive another fellowship, salary, or payment of any sort from other institutions (excepting conditions established by FAPESP resolution PR No. 13/2009, of July 15, 2009).
The FAPESP Postdoctoral fellowship includes monthly remuneration, currently in the amount of R$7,373.10 (approximately US$1,400.00), and Research Contingency Funds equal to 15% of the annual value of the grant. The use of the Research Contingency Funds is regulated by FAPESP.
The fellowship also includes financial support for researchers who need to move to São Paulo. If necessary, this support may be required at the end of the selection process.
Brazil › São Paulo
15 May 2021