The Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering seeks applicants to fill a Ph.D. student position for 3 years for the project Carbon Sink Cities (CSC).
Research unit: CSC provides an excellent opportunity to produce a dissertation while working with important themes as a member of an inspiring research team of high-performing academics. In addition to the dissertation, the doctoral candidate will get to produce novel scientific evidence of issues with high societal relevance. The research group includes 5 other PhD students and ~10 researchers overall focusing on different aspects of sustainability in the built environment. Depending on their background and interests, the successful candidate will place to the Environmental studies doctoral program or to the Environmental engineering doctoral program.
- MSc degree in architecture, engineering, economics, ecological sciences, planning or from another relevant field.
- Knowledge about environmental assessments are considered assets.
- Skills in statistics and mathematical modeling are also valued.
- Independence and strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
University of Iceland
Iceland › Reykjavík
07 June 2021