LINKS’ Future Cities & Communities (FCC) research domain supports private enterprises and Public Authorities to shape the cities and the communities of the future, accelerating the change towards innovation and sustainability, with the final goal of improving people’s quality of life. FCC is composed of around 30 researchers with complementary competencies: transport, electric, environmental and biomedial engineers, mathematicians, computer and data scientists, urban and spatial planners.FCC research is focused on 3 programmes: City, Mobility & Logistics, Energy & Environment, ICT for cities & Communities.FCC’s applied research projects are focused on: transport and mobility planning and modeling, sustainable, efficient and circular logistics, urban regeneration, user-centric planning and design, climate change and environmental impacts, environmental and energy innovation, blockchain applications and telemedicine.
The candidate will work at logistics and freight transport projects aimed at studying and optimizing logistic processes and systems considering the impact of increasing levels of innovation. Most of the projects will be aimed at analysing logistical and industrial processes of companies or supply chains, also with the support of simulation models, in order to introduce technological and process innovations that optimize goods delivery and logistic processes, thus increasing efficiency and sustainability. The work will be included in the framework of European projects with international partners coming from premier companies.
- 1-5 year work experience;
- knowledge of transport/distribution logistics (e.g. Supply Chain management, city logistics, reverse logistics);
- knowledge of industrial logistics (e.g. inbound logistics, manufacturing logistics, warehouse management);
- creative, proactive attitude joint with interest in working on development of innovative solutions;
- ability to work in a team and independently;
- proficient English level (both written and oral);
- Italian B1
LINKS Foundation – Leading Innovation and Knowledge for Society
Italy › Torino
30th December 2021