As an ultrasound design and characterization engineer, you will collaborate closely with the process technology, and other electronic teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application.
- You will design and characterize transducers and ultrasound systems, electrically, mechanically and acoustically.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
- You will contribute to internal conferences/workshops, generate patents and publish in international journals.
- You will mentor Master internship students and PhD students.
They offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, you shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. They are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. They commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions.
- You obtained a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project leading is an asset.
- Proven experience in ultrasound system: MEMS and acoustic design and characterization, as well as ultrasound imaging.
- Good knowledge and interest in multiphysic modeling, design techniques and design environment.
- Proficient in use of design software (such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys) and on ultrasound simulation software (Kwave, FieldII)
- Good experience in MEMS characterization (such as impedance, LDV, pressure measurements) as well as in imaging with ultrasound system (such as Verasonic).
- Experience in Photo-acoustic is an asset.
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
5 November 2021