The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), based in Stockholm, Sweden, has started the process of selecting a Director of the Fellowship Programme, who will work closely with the Training Section.
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, lead the implementation of the scientific, structural and administrative reform of the ECDC fellowship programme (EPIET/EUPHEM) based on the external evaluation of the programme and the new ECDC strategy, the candidate shall:
- Plan and supervise the work of the Fellowship Programme Group and the external scientific coordinators, including performance management;
- Provide scientific coordination of the Fellowship Programme and MediPIET, including curricula and pedagogical methods;
- It will oversee the operational implementation of the fellowship and MediPIET programme, including contract management, logistics, monitoring and budget execution;
- Promote and defend the fellowship programme;
- Facilitate links between the fellowship programme and other European, regional and global public health training programmes;
- Represent the Journal at appropriate meetings and conferences;
- To be the ECDC’s operational contact point with the Forum of Training Centres (TSF);
- Participate in other activities carried out by the ECDC in its field of competence, whenever necessary.
A number of formal requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the post. These requirements are as follows:
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more, or a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal period of university education is at least three years;
- have at least 9 years’ professional experience (after obtaining the diploma);
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages to enable him/her to carry out his/her duties;
- be a national of one of the EU Member States or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein;
- have full rights as a citizen;
- have fulfilled the obligations imposed by the applicable legislation on military service;
- produce the appropriate character references as to his suitability for the performance of his duties; and
- be physically fit for the duties of the post.
October 7, 2019