Have you had an adventure that was memorable for all the wrong reasons? Tell your story in 100 words or less to be in the running to go on 1 of 3-second chance trips.
- you need to be at least 18 or the age of majority in your country (whichever is higher);
- residents from all countries are eligible excluding those from Italy, Quebec, Crimea, Iran, Syria, North Korea and Sudan (however, a travel companion can be from one of the excluded countries);
- you need a current passport with at least eight months left before expiry and must be eligible to obtain a visa to your chosen destination for the length of your travel period (the winner will be assisted in acquiring a visa and all associated costs will be reimbursed).
How to apply
- Fill in the application form;
- Tell a story in 100 words or less, of a trip gone wrong and why it deserves a second chance;
- The story has to be written in English;
- if none of your previous trips has gone wrong, just get creative and write about a past trip you want to improve upon and why.
three winners will be chosen based on creativity, answering the question and having the most interesting, unique, original and well-written entry;
they will win the following to share with their travel companion:
- return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to their chosen destination;
- US $2,000 towards a tour from TourRadar;
- US $4,000 spending money for the trip;
- US $2,000 towards accommodation costs for the trip;
- travel insurance for the trip from World Nomads;
- free itinerary planning;
Winners will be able to choose their own travel dates however all bookings and payments must be made before 30 June 2020. Also, winners will be also able to decide the length of their trip, however, any expenses incurred above the prize limits are on the winners’ responsibility and their travel companion.
Deadline to apply: 19th June 2019.
Winners will be announced on 1st August 2019.