This call addresses the priority area of raising awareness of the value of intellectual property and the harms of counterfeiting and piracy within the Intellectual Property Office of the European Union (EUIPO).
The general objective of the call for proposals is to promote awareness of the value and benefits of intellectual property (IP) and the harm caused by the infringement of IP rights. Improving knowledge and engaging priority target groups, in a bid to promote respect for IP, should ultimately change people’s behaviour by reducing purchases of counterfeit products and downloads of digital content from illegal sources.
The specific objectives of this call are as follows:
- to raise awareness of the value of IP as a tool to protect creativity and innovation by providing concrete and objective information on IP in this context and a better understanding of the harm caused by the infringement of IP rights;
- involve the priority target groups in these issues, taking into account the relevant promotional possibilities and in particular the way in which these groups expect to be addressed in relation to these issues (non-condescending, objective and neutral attitude), in order to change behaviour and reduce the attractiveness of counterfeiting and piracy.
The activities financed in each lot are not exhaustive and may include, for example:
- activities related to media and social networks;
- production and dissemination of publications or audiovisual materials;
- organisation of events, fairs, exhibitions and training activities as part of the specific project;
- “info-entertainment’ (debates, youth-oriented programmes, competitions, video games or music programmes, etc.);
- internet-based tools, activities or solutions, etc.
2nd of July, 2019
Leave a Reply