This call for proposals is addressed to implement the annual work programme 2019 in accordance with Commission Decision C(2019) 1819 of 12 March 2019.
Aims and Objectives
This preparatory action, which follows on from the 2016 and 2017 calls for proposals, is aimed at supporting sports projects dedicated to the integration of refugees. It is planned to select around ten projects.
Through concrete actions aimed at integrating refugees through sport, which will constitute the main part of the funded projects, and additional measures aimed at networking and disseminating good practice in the EU, this action is expected to achieve the following results:
- promote the direct involvement of refugees and host communities;
- to promote a Europe-wide approach that increases the capacity of host communities to involve and integrate refugees appropriately through sport;
- develop links between organisations promoting refugee integration through sport at EU level;
- create a platform of projects aimed at promoting sport as a tool for the integration and social inclusion of refugees;
- collecting and disseminating good practice, through IT tools, workshops, seminars and conferences, in relation to the available results of projects and initiatives of
- integration of refugees through sport.
For projects to be eligible, they must be submitted by applicants who meet the following criteria
- be a public or private body with legal personality working mainly in the field of sport and regularly organising sporting activities and competitions;
- have their registered office in one of the Member States of the Union.
July 04, 2019
Leave a Reply