The position is opened for Ph.D. research projects centered on aspects of contemporary Latin American literatures (20th and/or 21st century). Within this framework, priority will be given to projects that in some way or other touch upon problems linked to the current process of globalization and its tensions with local specificities. Proposals with focus on the textual dimension (e.g. translation, international transfer of poetics or genres, and representations of the world) as well as those that refer to extraliterary aspects (e.g. editorial policies, international prizes or reception at academic or journalistic level) are of interest.
The project can be focused on a genre, specific texts or authors. Projects with an interest in poetry are particularly encouraged. The selected Ph.D. candidate will be supervised by associate professor Jorge J. Locane. The thesis must be written in Spanish or English. Expected startdate is 1 January 2021.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Spanish Philology, Latin American Studies, Comparative Literature, or Translation Studies. The Master’s degree must have been obtained and the final evaluation must be available by the application deadline.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Salary NOK 479 600 – 523 200 per annum depending on qualification
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
02 June 2020