Vicomtech, in San Sebastian, Spain is looking for a full-time researcher willing to work in the development of innovative speech and language solutions based on the latest deep learning technologies and frameworks, capable of satisfying the needs of an industry demanding speech and natural language technologies and interfaces for an increasingly varied set of domains and use cases.
The goal is to research on neural techniques and architectures which enable the adoption of speech and language technologies in challenging application scenarios involving noisy/spontaneous speech and language, the availability of limited in-domain training data, real-time on-premise processing requirements, incremental learning and minority languages. These research lines are supported by ongoing and future Speech and Language projects in the department, which also counts with the necessary Deep Learning training and deployment infrastructure. At the practical level, the researcher will participate in tasks related to collaborative and industrial R&D projects, working in a team of experts in speech and natural language technologies.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, good knowledge in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, maths, computer science;
- Confident with Deep Learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow) and Linux and/or Windows development environments in one or more languages (C/C++, Python, Java, Bash, Perl);
- Experience with tools and libraries for speech processing and machine translation will be valued (Kaldi, DeepSpeech, Wav2letter, OpenNMT, Marian);
- PhD will be preferred, option to start a PhD is also considered;
- Good written and spoken Spanish and English skills;
- Passionate about applied research, industrial innovation and technology transfer in the areas of this role.