The position is part of the Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research section. This is a cooperation-oriented research group with several internationally recognized researchers who are active in many national and international research projects and programmes (financed by for example EC H2020, the Research Council of Norway). The section cooperates closely with both industry and governmental bodies. The section’s teaching duties are closely connected to the department’s 5-year Master of Technology program in Industrial Economics and Technology Management, which is one of the most prestigious master programs in Norway.
In addition, the section has a considerable responsibility for teaching finance, business economics, managerial economics, and optimization, both in common and elective courses for all engineering students at both bachelor and master level.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Research and dissemination of international publication quality within the field of Business Economics with a focus on Finance
- Teaching in the scientific area of business economics, emphasizing investment evaluation, finance, and financial management both at introductory and advanced levels
- Teaching according to the existing study plan
- Exam preparation and evaluation without additional pay
- Development of the scientific area and study programs
- Supervision of master and doctoral candidates
- Scientific area responsibility together with the other scientific staff
- Initiating and coordinating work with developing research proposals
- Participating, leading, and managing externally funded research projects
- Relevant administrative and/or managerial tasks
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of Associate Professor (code 1011) is normally from NOK 600 000,- to NOK 731 400,- per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology
20th February 2022