The University of Agder, Faculty of Social Sciences, has available a PhD Research Fellow position in political science, affiliated to the Department of Political Science and Management, for a period of three years. The position is located at Campus Kristiansand.
We are searching for candidates in political science, with a particular focus on public policy and administration/public management. We are particularly searching for candidates willing to complete a PhD within one or more of the following themes:
- Collaboration/coordination between organisations
- Reforms/change processes within the public sector
- Leadership in public and hybrid organisations
- Trust and trustrelationships in public governance
- Crisis management and/or organisational resilience.
Further provisions relating to the position as PhD Research Fellows can be found in the Regulations Concerning Terms and Conditions of Employment for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Research Fellow, Research Assistant and Resident.
The applicants must qualify for admission to the PhD Programme in Social Sciences and must hold a master’s degree in political science and/or public policy and administration with an average mark of B or better. Applicants who are in the process of finishing their master’s thesis are also welcome to apply for this position. Fluency in English, both written and oral, is a prerequisite.
- Professional development in a large, exciting and socially influential organisation
- A positive, inclusive and diverse working environment
- Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.515, code 1017 PhD Research Fellow, NOK 479.600 gross salary per year. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
15 November 2020