The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), “the Office”, is seeking candidates to fill the post of President of the Boards of Appeal of the Office.
The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) is the European Union agency responsible for managing two important vehicles for the protection of creativity and innovation — the European Union trade mark and the registered Community design.
The objectives pursued by the President of the Boards of Appeal include:
- To chair the Presidium of the Boards of Appeal (the Presidium), which is responsible for laying down the rules and organising the work of the Boards;
- To ensure the implementation of the decisions of the Presidium;
- To allocate cases to the Boards on the basis of objective criteria determined by the Presidium;
- To chair the Grand Board, which is responsible for taking decisions on cases of specific legal difficulty or importance and for giving reasoned opinions on questions of law referred to it by the Executive Director of the Office pursuant to Article 157(4)(l) EUTMR;
- To forward to the Executive Director of the Office the Boards’ e
8 January 2020