The Crue-Sustainability Conference reaches its 29th edition in Almeria. In these conferences we emphasize that the University is an active agent that promotes the knowledge society, establishing the main objectives and actions to be carried out for the conservation of our environment. In this new meeting in Almeria, we will focus on the role of universities in agri-food, in a sustainable way and always taking into account the horizon of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We will also analyze the impact of the health crisis on universities.
The Conference will be held in the Auditorium of the Campus of the University of Almeria, together with the Aulario IV for the meetings of the Working Groups.
In October, the University of Almeria will host the XXIX Conference of the Crue-Sustainability sector, which in this edition is entitled “The role of universities in Sustainable Agri-Food: Impact of the health crisis”.
In this conference, participants will have the opportunity to attend conferences and presentations of great interest on the management of sustainability in universities. In addition, as is traditional in these meetings, the different working groups of the sector will address issues of great importance for the management of the 9 areas of work: Evaluation of university sustainability; Environmental improvements in university buildings; Participation and volunteering; Occupational risk prevention; Curricular sustainability; University and sustainable mobility; Healthy universities; University urbanism and sustainability and finally, Gender policies.
Click here to see the program. The conference, in addition to its scientific and academic component, is complemented by healthy activities on campus and cultural visits in the city of Almeria.
The main purpose is to provide a glimpse of what the future holds in the short, medium and long term and to take a step forward in the inexorable process of advancing the SDGs, as well as the impact of the health crisis.
- Enrique Santiago Romero (Secretary of State for the 2030 Agenda)
- Diego Luis Valera Martínez (Professor of Agroforestry Engineering and Vice-Rector for Research and Innovation of the UAL)
- David Alba Hidalgo (Autonomous University of Madrid. Coordinator of the Project “Feeding the Campus”)
- Salustiano Mato de la Iglesia (Deputy Vice-president Crue Spanish Universities)
- Luis A. Marcos Naveira (University of Burgos. Director of the Green Office)
Click here for more information about the speakers.
The deadline for registration is October 20. To register for the XXIX Crue-Sustainability Conference you must complete two steps:
- Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM.
- Make the PAYMENT OF THE REGISTRATION FEE through the Payment Platform (S.I.P) of the University of Almeria. Within the Payment Platform you have 3 payment options: bank transfer, credit card payment, letter of payment for cash payment in CAJAMAR.
You have a maximum of 5 days to formalize the payment after registering for the conference. Once they confirm that you have made the payment, they will send you an e-mail to confirm your registration in the conference (approx. 2-4 days after the payment is made). The registration fee includes: lunches on the 28th and 29th; institutional dinner on the 28th; welcome Spanish wine; healthy breaks; cultural visits (Civil War Shelters, Heritage Interpretation Center and La Alcazaba); and bus transportation from the city center to the University of Almeria (round trip).
Leave a Reply