They are seeking candidates for a two-year postdoctoral position in the area of big data medical image analysis, to work on the project IP-2020-02-3770 Machine Learning for Knowledge Transfer in Medical Radiology, funded by the Croatian Science Foundation.
The project will advance existing knowledge on modeling for medical image analysis by introducing a common transfer learning platform for domain-specific challenges in medical radiology CAD. The objectives will be achieved by merging available data sources (pixel data, DICOM tags and narrative diagnostics) from a large PACS database of radiological medical exams (approximately 20 TB of images).
- Design, implement and evaluate models with other team members,
- Report and present research findings and developments, including status and results, clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing,
- Assist in supervising the work of two PhD students,
- Suggest and participate in team collaborations to achieve ambitious research goals.
- PhD in computer science, physics or similar field,
- Good knowledge of image analysis and machine learning,
- Good programming skills,
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow),Good knowledge of English language,
- Excellent communication skills,
- No more than 4 years of previous postdoctoral engagement.
University of Rijeka Faculty of Engineering
Croatia > Rijeka
October 31 2021