System Architecture innovations are key to position imec for success in fast evolving workloads of tomorrow and to differentiate imec’s process technology innovations with system level value proposition. The Compute System Architecture Unit at imec leads research into futuristic high-performance and highly secure RISC-V CPUs to extend imec’s semiconductor research leadership deep into the next decade. This unit is also researching accelerator-based architectures for next-generation Artificial Intelligence (AI), compute-in-memory architectures and heterogeneous memory systems. The team is responsible for architecture definition of new CPU and accelerator capabilities, analyzing emerging usage models, and building hardware and software prototypes for data-driven computing hardware.
The candidate will be responsible for a domain specific system (ML appliance/AI, HPC) to achieve or beat its power and performance goals. The includes understanding (SOC) characterization, power and performance optimization in addition to the responsibility for identifying opportunities, drive optimization & improvements through analysis of workloads. The job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Understanding workloads and performance maximizing techniques for a constrained power envelope.
- System level understanding of power management flows at the hardware, firmware, and driver levels.
- Analysis of silicon power consumption versus pre-silicon expectations and drive resolution of issues towards higher battery life (mobile), higher perf at different utilization points (datacenter).
- Keep a tab on power estimation/measurement methodology and continuously evolve with the new power optimization techniques.
- Responsibility for SoC-level optimization under various usage scenarios.
- Close interface with architecture, design, and platform engineers.
They offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
They are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, ‘our corporate university’, we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
They are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Belgium › Leuven
10 June 2021
Leave a Reply