World Nomads is inviting aspiring travel filmmakers, from any nationality, to a 10-day filmmaking trip to Malaysia, under the mentorship of professional documentary filmmaker Jenny Nichols.
How to apply
Entrants will have to make a 3-minute documentary film interview, in English or with English subtitles, about a an adventurer or inspiring traveller. The video should be uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo, in order to have it publicly accessible.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Malaysia.
- A 10-day, all-expenses-paid trip in Malaysia, including a 3-day post-production workshop
- Mentorship with professional filmmaker Jenny Nichols through the 10-day trip.
- $1000 USD worth of audio equipment courtesy of RØDE Microphones.
- A Lowepro camera bag of the winner’s choice (up to the value of $150 USD) and Langly camera accessories.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
6 August 2019, 11:59 PM EDT.