Mobility First! is an initiative by Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) aimed at supporting the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for cross-border activities including participation in workshop/training, conference/forum, festival/biennale, residencies, partnership meetings, research trips, short-term exploration/networking.
Mobility support is provided to individuals to travel from Asia to Europe, Europe to Asia and within Asia, Australia or New Zealand to Europe and vice-versa and Russia to Europe.
Who can apply
– Individuals & organisations actively involved in the field of arts & culture with the following requirements:
– Artists & cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.);
– Citizens of member countries of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) and seeking support to travel within the ASEM region.
Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines are encouraged.
Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities.
– Arts organisations may apply for up to 5 artists/cultural professionals whom they want to invite for the event they are organising;
– Arts organisations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non-profit arts organisations will be prioritised;
– Arts organisations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally);
– Arts organisations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities.
Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities:
1. Workshops or trainings;
2. Conferences or forums;
3. Festivals, bienniales, or international exhibitions;
4. Artists’ or writers’ residencies;
5. Partner meeting/s to set up or maintain an existing partnership
6. Practice-led research;
7. “Go and see” / short-term exploration / networking.
In addition, the following focus areas will be prioritised:
• Skills transfer/ knowledge exchange;
• Innovation in arts and culture;
• Local development;
• Art and social issues: the role of art and artists in society.
The initiative promotes cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international.
Asia: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Federation, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam;
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
– up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,000 for travel from Asia to Europe or Europe to Asia;
– up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,300 for travel from Australia or New Zealand to Europe and vice-versa;
– up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for travel from Russian Federation to Europe;
– up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for travel for Inta-Asia.
Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
How to apply
– 15 June 2019 (travel period 1 August – 15 December 2019).