Each year the General Secretariat of the Council offers some 100 paid traineeships lasting 5 months.
Trainees will be attached to a department and work as part of the team to which they are assigned. The tasks of the trainees include attending meetings, drafting minutes and carrying out preparatory work or research on a particular subject.
- Paid trainees receive a monthly traineeship grant, a canteen card, accident insurance coverage and a contribution towards the travel expenses from the place of recruitment to Brussels.
- The grant awarded is decided every year.
- Nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Citizens from candidate countries that have concluded EU accession negotiations;
- Applicants have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. In practice, knowledge of at least French or English is necessary;
- Candidates have completed by the deadline for the lodging of the applications at least the first cycle of a course of university studies validated by a certificate. The majority of applications currently come from candidates with qualifications in law, political science, international relations, EU studies and economics.
- The General Secretariat of the Council is also looking for trainees with qualifications in other fields, such as: translation, human resources, communication, education studies, computer sciences, graphic design, multimedia, agricultural technology, biochemical engineering, health and food safety, energy management, environment, aerospace engineering.
Who can’t apply
- Applicants who have already benefited from any kind of training (paid or unpaid) or employment for more than 6 weeks within an EU institution, body, agency or office.
Periodos de prácticas
There are two five-month traineeship periods, as follows:
- 1 February to 30 June
- 1 September to 31 January
15 March 2021