In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Selection and recruitment of study participants;
- Administering questionnaires to study participants;
- Data collection from patient files;
- Conducting participants’ interviews and focus group discussions;
- Data capturing and maintaining accurate records of study participants;
- Provision of health education and training to patients
- Assisting in project-related trainings of healthcare providers including community health workers;
- Liaise with and support healthcare providers in diabetes management
- Planning and organisation of logistics required in the field
- Documentation and submitting progress reports to the Senior Nurse.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Nursing /Clinical Medical Practice (BCMP) or equivalent NQF 6 Certificate;
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) or as a Clinical Associate with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA);
- At least one years’ experience in a research environment;
- Two years’ experience in diabetes management and diabetes education.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, and Behavioural Attributes)
- Knowledge of diabetes management and diabetes education;
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
- Administration of questionnaires;
- Focus group discussions;
- Able to work independently as well as be part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Computer literacy with a broad knowledge and experience of MS Office packages, internet, Gmail and all aspects of PeopleSoft or related programmes;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good planning and organisational skills.
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA
South Africa › Tshwane Metro
26 June 2021