The research center for Linguistic Innovative Technologies at the South Ural State University is initiating a project focusing on mining technical and scientific trends from multilingual textual data in various domains. To conduct the research on the project, the South Ural State University is looking for a part time senior researcher in the field of Computational Linguistics who has a proven expertise in corpus-driven studies for natural language processing (NLP) applications.
A successful applicant will carry out research focusing on the development of knowledge base framework and natural language processing methods combining formal theories of syntax and semantics, statistical approach and, possibly, machine learning techniques.
There is a distant work for a period of 1 year with the possible contract extension.
There are possible extra payments for publications in high-ranking journals cited in the Scopus databases.
- Friendly and welcoming environment
- Strong team spirit
- Opportunity for professional growth
The candidate is expected to make a substantial contribution to computational linguistics research at the South Ural State University. The key responsibilities of the applicant will include:
- Participation in the development of our existing models of ontology-based text processing;
- Responsibility for the development of new knowledge-based computational methods for mining trends from technical and scientific corpora;
- Responsibility for the dissemination of the research results by publishing in highly ranked scientific journals indexed in Scopus and Web of Science
South Ural State University
Russia › Chelyabinsk
27 May 2021