The successful applicant will carry over duty of Lab Manager, perform established assays and protocols, protein purification and cell culturing. The IBB PAS gives opportunity to enter a PhD track for Research Assistants.
The laboratory headed by Dr. Tomasz Turowski is looking for a research assistant (lab manager). You will join the project entitled “Functional framework for viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, a major target in COVID19 treatment” funded by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange grant PPN/PPO/2020/2/00004.
Their laboratory is interested how the biophysics of transcription affects gene regulation and our goal is to apply this knowledge to increase our understanding of SARS-CoV-2 transcription to study viral adaptation and the mechanism of drugs inhibition.
• Full-time employment contract for 4 years in the amount of 3 250 PLN/month (netto) plus 13th salary once a year. Salary supplement might be available from further projects.
• The position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations).
• Training opportunities.
• Good work-life balance culture.
• Bachelor or Master in molecular biology/biotechnology.
• Outstanding organization skills.
• Hands-on experience in molecular biology and/or biochemistry methods.
• Ability to work independently under appropriate supervision.
• Good knowledge in molecular and cell biology.
• Very good spoken and written English.
• Previous experience in RNA biology / protein purification (desirable).
Institute of Biochemisty and Biophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
Poland › Warsaw
30 June 2021