Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Research Assistant with a focus on public sector organizations in sustainability transitions at the Department of Organization. The research assistant position is a 12 month position. The expected starting date is 1st September 2023.
The Research Assistant position is related to the research project funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark (DFF): “Public Actors’ Capacities in the Governance of Green Transitions (CAPACITOR)”. The project is managed by Professor Susana Borrás, at the Department of Organization, at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
The project asks: How are public actors developing and using their organizational capacities in the complex governance processes of green transitions? Taking the starting point in innovation governance and sustainable transitions studies, the project addresses questions related to organizational capacity and agency in the governance processes of transformative innovation.
The research assistant will be part of a research team that aims at making significant scientific contributions, as well as practical impact by collaborating with relevant stakeholders.
The tasks of the research assistant position will be to assist Professor Susana Borrás’ research in relation to CAPACITOR, which among other include:
– Prepare, conduct, and transcribe interviews
– Identify, collect and analyze relevant documentation of the cases under study
– Organize and prepare the data, its storage, and its secure management
– Organize workshops and seminars
– Write short texts and post them in social media for dissemination purposes
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
possess a Master degree, or equivalent qualifications and have a professional proficiency in English and Danish (written and spoken).
- A Master degree, or equivalent qualifications
- Professional proficiency in English and Danish (written and spoken)
- Experience with qualitative research methods, and advanced social science theory.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, especially
- Knowledge and experience with qualitative data NVivo or similar
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a research team.
- Enthusiasm for empirical research and theoretical curiosity.
- Openness to learn new research methods and tools.