The Department of Political and Social Sciences announces a selection, based on work to date, for n. 1 research contract for:
- logistical support in planning the in-depth interviews necessary to achieve the objectives of the research project;
- logistical support during the conduct of the in-depth interviews related to the research project;
- logistical support in planning and conducting the participatory observation activities;
- collection, archiving and delivery of textual and visual documents related to the selected case studies;
- translating text documents and in-depth interviews from the language from Hindi (or other languages including Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu) to English;
- transcription, and possible translation into English, of the in-depth interviews, carried out in the research project;
- co-organization of a workshop related to the research project in India or collection of in-depth interviews related to the research project (only in case the Post-Doc is unable to travel to carry out the fieldwork due to restrictive measures due to a pandemic and other types of impediments due to major cause forces).
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree
Candidates who have completed the aforementioned degree abroad may also apply, if said degree is recognized as equivalent to Italian degrees.
- Minimum 12 months of qualitative research experience about social movements and civil society actors in India and/or work experience within civil society organizations in India;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- Not being guilty of any criminal convictions and/or pending criminal proceedings that are incompatible with the duties to be performed;
- Enjoyment of civil and political rights.
- Knowledge of the Hindi language (or other languages including Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu) at mother tongue level is not mandatory but would be a relevant asset in the selection process.
The selection is not open to any persons who are related by blood or by marriage up to the fourth degree, to a professor working in the department or structure for which the call is issued, or to the Rector, Director General or a member of the Board of Governors of the University.
04 January 2021