In the strategic Plan of the KU Leuven (section Going Digital), the university has developed the ambition to strengthen the development of innovative technologies in education. As part of this goal, the KU Leuven wants to expand the number of Massive Online Open Courses that are being offered in the edX-platform. Therefore, a project manager will be hired to (a) develop the content of a MOOC focused on research ethics; (b) to develop evaluation strategies for students participating in this course; (c) to coordinate the project team and assure a timely development and implementation of the course; and (d) to work in close collaboration with the KU Leuven MOOC-team for the didactical and technical development of the course.
We are offering a full time appointment (100%) for a period of minimum 1,5 years, within the Centre for Biomedical Ethics and Law (Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven). An early start is recommended, potentially with an increasing appointment.
- Master degree with a clear link to bioethics
- Highly motivated candidate with strong interest in research ethics and a demonstrable interest in the project;
- Highly interested in innovations in education, teaching methods and evaluation methodologies
- Proven proficiency in English, both written and orally.
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Creative attitude
- Capacity to work both as an independent researcher and as part of a team;
- Experience with the development of educational media (e.g. video) is an added value
- Experience in one or more of the following skills is an asset: the development of MOOCs/online courses, Adobe Creative Cloud, Graphic design, HTML/CSS
Belgium › Leuven
31 March 2021
Leave a Reply