The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries.
The position will be based in CIMMYT’s campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The position may begin remotely from your home base or current location if organizational approval for the relocation to Ethiopia is delayed due to COVID 19.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for two (2) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
- MSc in agricultural mechanization, capacity development, agricultural extension, or any other relevant field.
- At least 8 years’ proven experience in designing and implementing of capacity development programs with specific focus on agricultural technology adoption, industry related experience, institutional development at local level/regional level in a developing country context.
- Knowledgeable about state of the art on scaling and proven ability to work beyond plot level on issues related to the enabling environment for large scale adoption.
- Solid understanding of agricultural research for development and processes in Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to align agricultural value chains and work with the private sector in business model development and implementation.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to work in different cultural contexts, with awareness of cultural sensitivities and processes in Africa, India, and Germany.
- Fluency in oral and written English and French is required. Knowledge of German language is desirable.
- Computer literate, including ability to use programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point and being able to set up an online database of training materials and excellent command of virtual meeting platforms.
- Understanding of database structure and development to track scaling and for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Experience with ICT and e-learning in agriculture would be a plus.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Client Orientation and Communication.
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
Ethiopia › Addis Ababa
27 March 2021