Tallinn University has announced a public competition for the position of Professor of English. The elected candidate commences work on the first career level of the position (associate professor) with the aim of supporting their development into a leader of the relevant study and research field in Tallinn University, and moves to the second career level of the position (professor) by way of evaluation.
The professor is responsible for promoting and leading interdisciplinary research activities in the field of English Studies at Tallinn University. Possible research and teaching areas includes studies of Anglophone cultures and literatures and / or English Language.
- In addition to the above, the task is to carry out research in the field, teaching, planning, organising and managing a research team, and applying for research projects.
- The professor teaches subjects and research seminars in the curricula of English and Literary Studies.
- The professor actively participates in the dissemination and popularization of research results in Estonian society and abroad.
- The candidate must have a doctoral degree or equivalent qualification in English Studies, Literature or Language.
- If the candidate has worked as a professor for at least five years immediately prior to applying for the position of a professor at the University (except when applying for the position of a professor in the field of arts), at least one doctoral thesis must have been defended under their (co)supervision during the last five years.
- English on the level necessary for conducting teaching and research work.
- An employee who does not speak Estonian is expected to start acquiring proficiency in Estonian upon starting work and achieve language proficiency level B1 within three years and a level comparable to level B2 within five years in order to be able to perform tasks related to institutional development and administrative work in Estonian.
Estonia › Tallinn
16 September 2021