They are recruiting a Postdoctoral Researcher, who will be part of a multidisciplinary research team working on a muscle defect in broiler chickens. The position in the project Broiler Wooden Breast myopathy: Underlying mechanisms, and maternal nutrition for alleviation. The project is funded by Academy of Finland. This project studies the structure and function of the breast muscle at various bird ages. Additionally, in growth experiments the aim is to study whether the feeding of broiler breeders or exercise of the broilers influence wooden breast prevalence.
The Postdoctoral researcher will be employed for 3 years at the University of Helsinki. In addition to conducting research the person will take part in teaching (5% of worktime), which can be also supervision of MSc thesis work. The chosen postdoctoral researcher will participate in experimental and laboratory measures, data processing and analyses, and preparing scientific publications.
Requirements and eligibility criteria
- PhD in a suitable field, such as food science, agricultural sciences, muscle physiology, or equivalent. It is an advantage for the position to have experience with muscle analysis, food chemistry, connective tissue research or proteomics.
- Demonstrated capacity in data analysis.
- Experience in carrying out research independently and working in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good time management and project management skills
Salary and benefits
The postdoctoral researcher’s salary will be based on level 5 of the requirement level chart for teaching and research personnel in the salary system of Finnish universities and will depend on the personal qualifications and prior experience on related tasks of the appointee.
The University of Helsinki invests in the welfare of its employees by offering preventative occupational health services and general medical care. Read more about the employee benefits at the University of Helsinki and why the University of Helsinki is an excellent career choice: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/about-us/careers
The starting date is 1 February 2023, or as agreed.
UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
23th April 2023