The position is for a post-doctoral researcher who will work closely with the principal investigators of the biosensing project and the photonic integration project. The successful applicant may be involved in investigating the use of electrowetting on dielectric digital microfluidics for the sensor platform. The successful applicant may also be involved in designing assays, running experiments, microfabrication, prototyping, building instrumentation, data analysis, communicating with the team, training students, and writing manuscripts and grant applications.
- Fluent with Python, Matlab, and/or similar programming languages
- Experience with Photonic Integrated Circuit design software such as KLayout or similar programs.
- Experience with the Ansys Lumerical Design Suite or similar simulation software.
- Experience in designing digital microfluidic systems
- Experience with immunoassay development
- Experience performing opto-electrical testing for biosensor applications
- Knowledge of programming software drivers to control hardware.
- Doctorate degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline
- Graduating thesis in the field of silicon photonics, biomedical engineering, digital microfluidics, or a relevant topic.
Canada › Vancouver
31 January 2021
Leave a Reply