The University of the Faroe Islands is the primary higher education and research institution in the Faroe Islands, the nation’s only university and its foremost knowledge centre. The University undertakes research and research-based teaching, providing for synergy between research and teaching to serve the evolving needs and priorities of the Faroes and their wider region.
Deans of Faculty are responsible, under the oversight of the Rector, for all aspects of the leadership and management of their faculties. The precise job description for Deans is currently being revised, but Deans have, and will continue to have, extensive responsibilities in areas including governance, staffing, finance and income generation, quality enhancement, planning and development, and external relations. Deans are also part of the University Leadership Team, together with the Rector and the Director of Administration, and typically carry responsibilities for some University-wide aspects of work.
- To compete for the position of Dean of the Faculty of Education, applicants should be experienced academics (in teaching, research and administration), with significant leadership and management experience in the field of teacher and pedagogue education.
- They should hold a relevant PhD and be able to evidence a credible track record of independent research, sufficient to have been recognised at Associate Professor level, or higher.
- They should be flexible, adaptable and creative thinkers, who are motivated to serve the vision, mission, commitments, and priorities of the University’s Strategic Plan, 2020-2024.
- They should be excellent communicators, and highly skilled in managing and motivating staff to contribute, collaborate and develop professionally. They should be able to represent the Faculty across the wider University and the University with external partners, domestically and internationally.
- It will be a major advantage for candidates to have language comprehension in Faroese and another Nordic language.
University of the Faroe Islands
Faroe Islands › Tórshavn
26 February 2021