The University of Alicante is calling for applications to cover a predoctoral research contractual position to collaborate with the project “light neural technologies for low-resource language translation” of the department of computer languages and systems.
Features of the job vacancy and working conditions:
– Job position: Junior collaborator.
– Working hours: 37.5 hours a week in morning/evening sessions.
– Remuneration: €2,000 gross/monthly (plus extra payments in accordance with current
– Estimated duration of the contract: 1 year.
In any case, the duration of the contract will be linked to the duration of the project and its budgetary availability.
– Downloading monolingual and bilingual texts from the internet.
– Management and processing of monolingual and bilingual corpora and other language resources.
– Natural language processing for low-resource languages.
– Distillation of large pre-trained neural models.
– Synthetic corpus generation from pre-trained models.
– Exploration of data augmentation techniques in machine translation.
– Training of lightweight neural models.
– Integration of interpretability techniques in trained models.
– Preparation of technical reports and scientific articles.
– Writing programmes for carrying out experiments.
– Execution of experimental batteries and analysis of results.
– Packaging and publication of corpus and software tools.
– Attendance at national/international conferences and working meetings.
– Any other tasks related to the job position that may arise from the execution of the project.
Job profile. Preference will be given to:
Experience and training related to the subject of the call and in:
– Downloading monolingual and bilingual texts from the Internet.
– Training of neural machine translation systems
Qualification: Official Master’s degree related to Computer Science.
Requirements for applicants.
Compliance with the requirements listed below must always refer to the date of expiry of the
deadline for the submission of applications and must be maintained until the date of entering
into the contract.
– Hold or be in a position to obtain an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering plus an official university Master’s degree.
– Meet the academic requirements for admission to the PhD programme in Computer Science at the University of Alicante. The document accrediting admission to this doctoral programme must be submitted prior to the signing of the contract.
– Be a Spanish national or be in one of the situations listed in article 57 of Royal Legislative Decree 5/2015, of 30 October, which approves the revised text of the Act on the Basic Statute of Public Employees (BOE of 31 October). In the case established in point 4 of this article, when entering into the employment contract, the successful applicant must be a legal resident in Spain.
– Be at least 16 years of age and not exceed the maximum compulsory retirement age.
– Possess the physical and mental capacities and aptitudes that are necessary for the performance of the corresponding functions or tasks, for which, prior to the signing of the contract, a medical certificate must be provided certifying the possession of said capacities and aptitudes. For these purposes, medical examinations may be carried out through the medical assistance provided by the University of Alicante Occupational Health Service.
– Must not have been dismissed by disciplinary proceedings from the service of any of the Public Administrations or of the constitutional or statutory bodies of the Spanish Autonomous Regions, nor have been totally or specially disqualified for public employment by a court decision, for access to the civil service, or to perform duties similar to those performed by non-tenured staff in public administrations, in which they had been dismissed or disqualified. If you are a national of another State, you must not be in a situation of disqualification or equivalent, nor have been subjected to a disciplinary or equivalent sanction that prevents, under the same terms, access to public employment in your State.
Type of Contract
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date