The Business Research Unit (BRU-Iscte) is awarding 4 doctoral grants, funded directly by FCT (National Foundation for Science and Technology) under the Protocol UIDP/00315/2020.
These grants are open to PhD candidates in one of our 3 doctoral programmes (PhD in Economics, PhD in Finance, PhD in Management) either:
- candidates that are now applying to enrol in the next academic year 2022-2023
- candidates already enrolled in one of the PhD programmes
These grants are usually awarded on a yearly basis, and can be renewed up to 4 years (48 months).
Mixed grants (with an additional research period in an international university) are possible, but the duration of the work to be carried in an international institution cannot exceed 24 months.
The grant fellows will receive a monthly stipend according the table of Annex 1 of the Research Fellow Regulation. The payment will be made by bank transfer on the first working day of every month.
Grant fellows will benefit from work insurance and social security coverage.
FCT will pay all costs relating to enrolment and tuition fees directly to the institution where the fellow is enrolled.
- Applicants can be of any nationality (Portuguese or EU citizens; citizens from other countries; stateless persons; political refugees);
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 14 points (in a scale of 0 to 20) in at least one of their academic degrees (Undergraduate or Masters); for applicants with foreign diplomas they need to request a conversion of their final grade into the Portuguese scale (more info below)
- If applying to a mixed grant with part of the work plan in a foreign institution, applicants must prove they reside on a permanent basis in Portugal, whether they are Portuguese citizens or citizens from other countries;
- Applicants cannot have already benefited from a doctoral grant or a doctoral grant in enterprise directly funded by FCT, independently of its duration.
- Applicants cannot have already obtained a doctoral degree
Iscte – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
Portugal › Lisboa
18th March 2022