Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ecuador?
What we offer? A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Commercial and Economic Section of the EU Delegation in Ecuador, starting as from late October 2019.
- Carry out economic analysis of main economic variables and prepare PPT presentations for the head of section.
- Compile statistical data and prepare summary tables and narrative around this data in a didactic manner.
- Attend meetings and provide a sum up of discussions on economic and/or trade related matters.
- Gather evidence of successful stories and prepare speaking points that can be used with the press and / or in meetings with the authorities and other embassies.
- Provide some administrative support in the organisation of events.
Qualifications or special requirements
- BA in Economics, MA diploma is considered an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-ECUADOR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu :
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter in Spanish describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Commercial and Economic
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship). Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant of 900 Euros (non-negotiable) to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee