The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) offers every year, newly-qualified graduates who are willing to make a contribution to the everyday work of the Agency, up to 20 traineeship opportunities in scientific fields such as chemistry, toxicology, biology, environmental science and technologies, and administrative duties such as law, communications, finance, human resources and ICT.
The trainee scheme is designed for
- Recent university graduates and holders of a technical or professional qualification of an equivalent level in fields relevant to applicable chemicals legislation or other fields relevant to the administration tasks of an EU institution.
- Public or private sector employees engaged in graduate-level work in fields relevant to applicable chemicals legislation.
The traineeships usually start at the beginning of March or September.
They last from three to six months and may not be extended beyond six months.
- Be national of a Member State of the EU or a national of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein). Nationals of candidate countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy can also be accepted according to the availability of budgetary resources and the ECHAs capacity to host them. A limited number of nationals of non-Member States may also be accepted;
- Be able to communicate in English as this is the working language of ECHA;
- Have obtained a university degree or equivalent or engaged in graduate-level work in fields relevant ECHA.
Trainees receive a grant of approximately 1,300 Euro.
Trainees who continue to receive remuneration from their employer, or any other grant or allowance will only be entitled to a grant from ECHA if the amount they receive is less than the one indicated above.
In this case, trainees will receive an amount equal to the difference between their income and the level of ECHA’s grant.
Trainees do not benefit from sickness insurance. Selected ones must prove they are covered by a sickness and accident insurance valid in Finland.
Trainees in employment must provide a declaration of remuneration, expenses and allowances signed by their employer.
Selected trainees will be invited for a telephone and/or face-to-face interview.
8 November 2020