Health stakeholders face challenges when it comes to planning, accessing and combining funding to meet the needs of their health systems. Most health authorities are accustomed to receiving direct funding from government budgets and European Union grants, and do not have sufficient skills to shape strategies and investment plans.
There is a clear need to improve the capacity of the health sector to prepare investment plans, consolidate funding from multiple sources and use alternative financial instruments for this purpose.
- To identify health-related investments planned under the Cohesion Policy Funds for the programming period 2021-2027.
- To develop a methodology and toolkit for mapping health needs and health system assets in EU countries, which Member States can then use to prepare health investment strategies, also linked to the use of Cohesion Policy funds.
- To raise awareness, develop educational materials, provide training and ultimately improve the capacity of health stakeholders to use financial instruments, consolidate funding from multiple sources and prepare investment plans and “investment-ready” project proposals.
- To organizar talleres temáticos y geográficos y eventos para: difundir la metodología, el conjunto de instrumentos y el material educativo.
The action will produce materials that do not currently exist. The results will make available best practices, methodologies, tools and training materials that can be used by any Member State or region, including :
- Catalogue of health-related investments foreseen in the operational programmes of the Cohesion Policy Funds in the programming period 2021-2027.
- Methodology and toolkit for mapping health needs and existing assets of the health system.
- Collection of good practices based on case studies.
- Educational material on how to access funding, use and combine financial instruments, and prepare investment plans and “investment-ready” project proposals.
- A database of at least 50 investment experts who can provide advice and technical assistance to health system stakeholders
03 June 2020 at 17:00, Brussels time
Leave a Reply