ECDC is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe’s defences against infectious diseases. The core functions cover a wide spectrum of activities: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance.
The jobholder will report to the Head of Section Corporate Services. He/She will be responsible in particular for the following areas of work:
• Contribute to ECDC’s reputation through customer oriented, efficient and professional travels and event management, organisation and follow-up;
• Implement ECDC’s mission and meeting plans in compliance with relevant regulations and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the relevant procedures;
• Lead the Missions and Meetings team; plan and organise the work of the team to ensure the group’s objectives are effectively met; manage the performance of the team;
• Take overall responsibility for all aspects of missions and meetings delivery and stakeholder satisfaction; ensure timely and accurate information is provided to travellers in liaison with external providers;
• Liaise closely and regularly with the ECDC operational units to ensure effective delivery of operational needs;
• Manage the relationship and contracts with suppliers, support system enhancements and stay abreast of innovations to improve services;
• Provide management reports to monitor stakeholder satisfaction, compliance and financial performance and other necessary indicators to drive continuous improvement;
• Manage the procurement of services to ensure business continuity in the delivery of the ECDC mission and meeting plans, in collaboration with the Procurement Section;
• Contribute to other activities of ECDC, as required, in his/her field of expertise.
4 November 2019