The successful candidates will kick off their careers in the news industry by spending their summer working with experts in newsrooms and creating a professional network.
- must be 18 years or older;
- coming from the following participating countries: Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Spain, The Netherlands, United Kingdom;
- must be enrolled in or accepted for an accredited higher education institution (undergraduate, master, PhD or bachelor) or have graduated in 2020/2021/2022 in the same country as their newsroom of choice; or to be from the country where the newsroom is based;
- students enrolled in Austria, Germany or Switzerland can apply for any of the organisations based in these three countries;
- international students enrolled in a higher education institution based in the country of the newsroom they choose are eligible as well;
- must be legally allowed to work full-time in the country where the newsroom is based.
How to apply
- submit the application and newsroom selection here;
- application can be submitted in English or in the language of the news organisation the applicants are applying for;
- applicants may only apply to one organisation.
Selected applicants will participate in an online bootcamp that will prepare them for their fellowship. The fellowship will take place between June and September 2023.
Students will receive hands-on workshops on data-journalism, fact-checking, business development and audience engagement during a unique virtual bootcamp to develop and learn new skills.
All the fellows will be remunerated for their work and supported to cover their expenses.
The exact amount will be at the discretion of each news organisation, the minimum will be €2,500.
Deadline: 21 April 2023, 23:59 CEST
Read more: https://journalismfellowships.eu
Leave a Reply