Future News Worldwide 2021 is an international summit for young media makers.
100 student journalists will attend an intensive media training programme, receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before. The conference will take place online and will be repeated on 14 July (afternoon, GMT) and 15 July (morning, GMT) to accommodate different time zones.
Eligible participants should
– be between 18-25 years old,
– be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution or have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2019;
– be a native speaker of English or be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent,
– not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before;
– be available to attend a conference session on either 14 (afternoon, GMT) or 15 July (morning, GMT) 2021.
How to apply
Participants must fill in the application form.
They should provide a motivation statement, either a 300 words letter or 2 minutes video and a reportage of 500 words or 3 minutes video in one of these topics: political, environmental, technological, social.
The programme includes a mixture of speaker presentations, group activities workshops and panel discussions.
‘First Draft’ will deliver a 2-hour crisis simulation that will place you at the heart of a high-intensity and high-impact breaking health story, and challenge you to make real-time reporting decisions to slow the spread of false rumours and misleading information.
The winners will be also included in the Future News Worldwide alumni network.
Deadline to apply: noon GMT 8 June 2021.
Find out more here.