The #EUinMyRegion Media Trips is a study programme open for local and regional journalists from the European Union. The journalists completing the programme will have a better understanding of EU policies and in particular of Cohesion Policy and connect with fellow journalists from other EU countries and regions.
The programme will include
- an online training (3 hours) two days before the study trip.
- a study trip to Brussels lasting two days and including:
– sessions about EU institutions,
– structure and procedures;
– EU Cohesion Policy;
– how the EU handles fraud and mismanagement with funds;
– meetings with European Commission country experts;
– data tools for journalists and project visits.
The first media study trip will take place on 02-03 February 2023, while two more trips will happen on 16-17 March and 27-28 April.
In the application form, applicants will have to specify which of the three study trips they would prefer to join.
Journalists from all the EU Member States.
Around 40 journalists are expected to join each study trip.
The European Commission will cover travel and accommodation costs for the journalists participating in the programme.
Deadline: 21 December 2022, 17:00 CET.
Read more here.