The EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) is a biennial, pan-European, general science conference dedicated to scientific research and innovation. Each conference aims to deliver stimulating content and lively debate around the latest advancements and discoveries in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
ESOF brings together over 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The 9th edition of ESOF will attract thousands of delegates to Trieste, the host city of ESOF2020 and the European City of Science 2020, during the week of the conference. Along side with the Forum, the Science in the City Festival will be held between 27 June and 11 July 2020.
ESOF2020 will comprise several distinct programme tracks:
- A Science programme of seminars, workshops and debates on the latest research and related policy issues, structured around a programme of keynote speakers and the latest scientific issues.
- A Science to Business programme to create opportunities for industrialists, researchers, policy makers and business/academia support organisations to engage with one another, learn, network and debate the issues surrounding the exploitation of breakthroughs in science and share ideas and best practise for improving the commercial outcomes from research.
- A Careers programme to give insight into how the job market is evolving, what new opportunities are emerging, and provide the tools to understand how to develop a relevant and flexible skillset.
- Science in the City Festival is a public engagement programme which will begin two weeks before the official kick-off of the ESOF2020.
- Other public engagement programmes.